Alan Michaels Design was launched in 2005, and specializes in the production of custom menswear, with a focus on custom suits, custom shirts, custom neckwear, custom footwear, and accessories.
We pride ourselves in concentrating on the four Fs: Fit, Form, and Function, all while making the garments Fashionable! The beauty in custom tailoring is that the clients are the main component of the design process, while the custom clothier, in conjunction with the master tailor, have the responsibility of taking the client’s vision, and accentuating the client’s physical qualities, while disguising any flaws.
Clients also choose their favorite fabrics, linings, lapel sizes and shapes, pockets, venting, and even the cut. The clothier then has the responsibility of executing the client’s vision, and/or guiding and shaping their vision to best fit their physical attributes!
Though the business was launched in 2005, the dream began with having my first custom suit made for me in 1997! I remember the pride and confidence I felt the first time that I wore that suit, and vowed in that moment, it was a feeling that I had to share with others.
There are no reviews yet
1. Quick telephone consult.
2. Meet in person for additional consult and measuring of client!
3. Select fabric from fabric swatches, select garment details, photograph client for tailors needs.
4. Submit order to the client and ship fabric, lining, etc.
5. Garment production on suits is 5 weeks, shirts are turned around in three weeks, and shoes are approximately 5 weeks.
6. Garments are shipped to me, and delivered by hand, if the client’s are local. Any final adjustments are made at the final fitting. Remote client’s garments are shipped to them.