I'm a portrait photographer serving High Point, Winston Salem, Greensboro and Kernersville. My specialties are studio and location portraits, headshots and modeling-relating work. Check out my work at
My goal is to create positive partnerships with clients and help them reach their personal and professional goals. I take pride in offering the highest levels of service and quality at reasonable costs. All 5-star reviews on my @decoroimages Facebook page.
Every meaningful endeavor begins with a first step. If there is a photo project that interests you, I would love to talk with you about it. There's never any pressure - just honest answers and good advice.
Just received photos from my maternity shoot! If you want to feel beautiful and glam this is your guy!!!
As a relative newcomer on the senior portrait scene, John exhibits an eye for lighting and structure that cannot be taught. John is very well versed on the technical side of photography, which was impressive. He also has many creative ideas that set him apart from the crowd, and is incredibly easy to work with. Best of all, for my teenager, he offered lightning quick turnaround times!
I highly recommend Decoro Images NC. Working with John and Delane was fantastic! They are thoughtful and incredibly creative. They made sure Mary had input throughout the entire process, making her feel at ease and invested. The result - my daughter's senior pictures are gorgeous!!
We loved our family portraits taken on location. John Hooper researches ideal poses and lighting to achieve the best shots. He's great to work with. Our shoot went so smoothly! Last year, John took head shots for our son's portfolio in his studio. They were all excellent.
I always want to begin with a conversation discussing the scope and style of the project. We cover expected costs, establish an initial timeline and make sure we address all of the details. After the shoot, proofs are provided in a personal gallery, so favorites can be chosen for editing. Turn-around for the edits is usually less than one week.
On-line training with Sue Bryce Education Series, Creative Live classes, Phlearn. Instructional books by Syl Arena, Neil Van Niekerk, Roberto Valenzuela, Bryan Peterson.
My commitment to clients is to always treat them like I would want to be treated. I charge by the hour for shooting and by the edit (clients always choose) for processing. It is a flexible arrangement to meet the individual needs of my clients. Full details available on my website www.decoroimages.com
I've had an interest in photography for many years but six years ago, I made a commitment to pursue it as a second profession. It's been a wonderful journey and I've had the pleasure to work with so many great people. Having a studio allows me to provide services that many area photographers are unable to offer.
My styles are individual portraits, headshots and modeling-relating work. Check out my website www.decoroimages.com for full details.
In early 2018, I completed professional headshots for all 65 staff members at Smith Leonard PLLC (offices in High Point, Winston Salem and Lexington). The job required 2.5 days on location. The results were excellent and the client was well pleased with the quality and the price. I enjoyed the photography (of course) but I also really loved meeting and working with each individual.
1) Look at their portfolios, particularly where it is similar to the style of photography that you are interested in.
2) Be attuned to the photographer's personality and evaluate whether you would enjoy working with this person.
3) Ask the needed questions to get a good feel for your overall cost. Not all photographers are up front about charges and you don't want a bad surprise at the end.
4) Be as specific as you can about what you are hoping to achieve.
1) It is always preferable to work from specifics (style, location, purpose of the image, etc.) The more detailed you can be about what you want, the more likely your photographer can deliver it. Sample images from Pinterest, for example, are a great idea!
2) Budget - a good photographer can help you decide what is achieveable for the budget you have. Then, you can prioritize, if needed, to ensure that you get the images that are most important.