Near You 20+ Wedding Photographers near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Get matched with multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare pros, ask questions, and hire only when ready.
Best Wedding Photographers near you
Frequently asked questions
How much are wedding photographer prices near me?
Wedding photography costs $1,600 to $3,600 on average but often exceeds $4,000 in major cities. Wedding photography prices range from $700 to $10,000, depending on the package, add-ons, location, and number of photographers.
When to book your wedding photographer
Book your wedding photographer as early as possible, ideally as soon as you choose a date and reserve a venue. The best photographers book events more than 12 months in advance, especially for weddings during the peak season.
What to expect from your wedding photographer?
Before the wedding day
- Discussion of the photographic style and your needs and wants
- Contract and initial payment to reserve the date
- Reviewing the wedding day timeline to ensure you schedule enough time for key photos
- Engagement photo shoot, if included
- Rehearsal dinner coverage, if included
On your wedding day
- Capturing key moments during the getting-ready process, ceremony, and reception
- Traditional or posed photos of the wedding couple, bridal party, and family
- Photos of candid moments throughout the event
After the wedding
- Photo editing and retouching
- Delivery of proofs, typically via a private online gallery
- Assistance with photo selection and album design
- Delivery of prints or an album, if included
How much should you tip a wedding photographer?
Tipping a wedding photographer is not required but is usually appreciated. Consider tipping $50 to $200 to express your gratitude if the photographer exceeds your expectations.
How much do wedding photographers make?
Wedding photographers make $40,000 to $60,000 per year on average, depending on their experience and location.
How do I find wedding photographers near me?
Start by searching our list of wedding photographers, then compare reviews and costs. After finding and contacting potential services:
- Decide which photography style and aesthetic best suits your wedding.
- Ask for referrals from friends, family, your wedding planner, the venue, and other wedding vendors.
- Read their reviews on Fash and Google.
- Choose a pro who specializes in wedding photography.
- Interview your favorite photographers and discuss your ideas and vision.
- Ask the photographer about their pre-wedding, wedding day, and post-wedding process.
- Schedule an engagement photo shoot to allow you to work with the photographer before the wedding day.
- Get a detailed contract in writing that breaks down everything included in your package, the payment plan, and the refund and cancellation policy.
- Discuss the photo usage and printing rights to confirm how you and the photographer can use the images. Photographers typically retain the copyright to the images, giving them the right to use the photos for marketing and social media.
- Beware of basing the decision solely on pricing. The photographer with the lowest price may lack experience or isn't as good as local competitors.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the photographer in your area.
What questions to ask wedding photographers?
Ask them the following questions when hiring a wedding photographer:
- How would you describe your photography style and approach?
- Can we see full galleries from a few recent weddings?
- How many weddings have you photographed?
- Do you have our wedding date available?
- How far in advance do we need to book with you?
- Have you ever shot a wedding at our venue before?
- Do you have experience shooting weddings of a similar size and style as ours?
- How much are your packages, and what do they include?
- What add-ons are available? Can we customize a package to suit our needs?
- How many hours do you work? How much do you charge if we go over that time?
- Can we discuss unique shots we'd like?
- How much extra do you charge for an engagement shoot or rehearsal dinner coverage?
- Do you provide retouching, color adjustment, or other editing services? Do they cost extra?
- How long after the wedding will we receive our finished photos?
- How will the images be delivered – online, in print, or on a USB drive? If online, how long will the proofs be available for viewing?
- Will we own the rights to the digital images?
- Do you provide high-resolution digital files? Do they cost extra?
- What size can we print the finished files?
- Do you offer printed items or albums?
- How can our family members and friends order prints?
- Can other guests take photos while you work?
- Do you work with an assistant or second shooter? Can I meet them before the wedding?
- How many weddings do you photograph in a year?
- Do you charge a travel fee? What does it cover?
- How much do you require on deposit? What is your payment schedule?
- What is your refund or cancellation policy?
- Do you have liability insurance? What does it cover?
- Do you carry backup photo equipment?
- What happens if an emergency comes up and you can’t be present on our wedding day?
- Will you be sharing our wedding photos on your website, social media, or other magazines or blogs?