Ashburn, VA 20+ Wedding Videographers near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Get matched with multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare pros, ask questions, and hire only when ready.
Best Wedding Videographers near you
Frequently asked questions
What is the average cost of a wedding videographer near me?
A wedding videographer costs $1,400 to $3,600 on average. Wedding videography prices range from $1,000 to $12,000, depending on the package type, number of hours, location, and add-ons selected.
When should I hire a wedding videographer?
Hire your wedding videographer at least 8 months before your wedding date, or up to 12 months in advance for weddings during the peak season.
Do you tip a wedding videographer?
Tipping a wedding videographer is not required if the videographer owns the business. Consider tipping if the videographer works for a larger video company or exceeds your expectations. Tip $50 to $100 to the lead videographer and $50 to $75 for the assistant or second shooter.
How much do wedding videographers make?
Wedding videographers make $50,000 to $100,000 per year on average, depending on location and experience. Top in-demand videographers make $100,000 to $128,000 per year.
How do I find wedding videographers near me?
Start by searching our list of wedding videographers, then compare reviews and costs. After finding and contacting potential services:
- Decide which video style you like best and look for videographers whose style closely matches it.
- Determine which end products you want, including highlight films, documentary films, and add-ons.
- Ask for referrals from friends, family, your wedding planner, the venue, and other wedding vendors.
- Read their reviews on Fash and Google.
- Interview your favorite videographers and discuss your ideas and vision.
- Ask the videographer about their pre-wedding, wedding day, and post-wedding process.
- Get a detailed contract in writing that breaks down everything included in your package, the payment plan, and the refund and cancellation policy.
- Discuss the video usage rights to confirm how you and the videographer can use the footage. Videographers often retain the copyright, giving them the right to use the videos for marketing and social media.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the videographer in your area.
What questions to ask wedding videographers?
Ask them the following questions when hiring a wedding videographer:
- How would you describe your videography style and approach?
- Do you have our wedding date available?
- How long have you been filming weddings?
- How many weddings have you filmed?
- How many weddings do you film per year?
- Can we see a finished wedding video you created?
- What packages do you offer, and how much do they cost?
- How do you choose the music for the film? Can we choose the music?
- When will we receive our finished, edited wedding video?
- What format will you deliver our video in?
- Will we own the rights to the video? Are there any sharing or use restrictions?
- Have you shot at our venue before?
- Can you describe your editing process? Do we get any input into the final product?
- Will you use a microphone to capture our voices during the ceremony? Will it be wired or wireless?
- How many videographers and assistants does the package include?
- Do you charge a travel fee? What does it cover?
- How much do you require on deposit? What is your payment schedule?
- What is your refund or cancellation policy?
- Do you have liability insurance? What does it cover?
- Do you carry backup videography equipment?
- What happens if an emergency comes up and you can’t be present on our wedding day?
- Will you be sharing our wedding videos on your website or social media?
- Have you worked with our photographer before?